Volunteers – The Lifeblood and Enthusiasm of the Show
Volunteers come to the Eudunda Show in many ways, they are essential to the Show,
which could not go on without every person helping, be it for the whole year, as a Committee Member, or to donating a couple hours in setting up on Show Day or the day before.
Volunteers can be of any age, and we encourage young ones to help, as so often they do – helping thier parents at the show.
The committee will be happy to welcome anyone new to help, and if possible pair you with someone who is doing the job, so you can learn as you go.
Some Volunteer Jobs for the Show: (not a comprehensive list).
- Parking Attendants (on show day, mainly in the morning, to maintain traffic flow, speed and parking areas in an orderly manner,
there are quite a few areas to look after, so the more the better)
- Exhibit Setup in the Pavilion (From Friday to Sunday with most emphasis on Sunday)
- Safety Officers – this is the first year we have had an official position. We have two volunteers this year – but it would be great to have someone else go along to learn)
- Errand Runners – An essential service, especially show day
- Pick Up Agents – Recently we have had a business say they can pick up items for us in Adelaide – this is fantastic as it saves our committee time to do other things. Others help by picking up from the Barossa and Clare areas. It would be nice to have a list we can draw on, so the jobs are shared, and especially for when someone can’t do it.
- Special Sections – You might like to help at one of the Special Sections – for instance, Old Bikes, Speed Shear, Dog Jumping or Young Farmer Challenge, Horses in Action – just to name a few. CHECK THE LIST OF FEATURED SECTIONS HERE Pick one that you might like to help at and contact the secretary to get in touch with the person helping there.
- NON SHOW DAY VOLUNTEERS – We have some people who can’t volunteer at show time, but they kindly help our Committee with raising funds by volunteering at various fund raisers that we have.
- Conveners, Stewards, Committee Members all make up the Show Volunteer team and we can always have more volunteers to help.
JUST ASK HOW YOU CAN HELP US – CONTACT THE SECRETARY.
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERY ONE OF OUR VOLUNTEERS – WE HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY TOO!