We will add a COVID Safe Statement closer to the event.
COVID Plans will be in place for any of our minor events leading up to the show
WELCOME TO THE SHOWGROUND
The Show Society welcomes you to the Showground and wishes you an enjoyable, entertaining and educational day.
THE SHOWGROUND IS A UNIQUE PLACE
The Showground is very different to other venues. It is a venue for any variety of exhibitors and promoters to show a wide range of products and services and to carry on all kinds of functions and entertainment including exhibitions, sporting, animal, social, theatrical and musical events.
The Show Society has a Work Health and Safety Policy in place and takes great effort and care to ensure that all invitees to the Showground have a safe and enjoyable time.
There are large animals, vehicles, crowds, temporary structures and from time to time, building activity, in all kinds of environment and weather conditions. You may participate in events that may have some risk and experience exciting rides.
As you proceed around the Showground, take care to observe and follow all signage and any instructions that you may be given.
Take special care at all times to protect yourself and others against any loss or injury.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO THE SHOWGROUNDS
1. LIQUOR LICENCE – Where Applicable
Persons seeking entry to the Showground are advised that:
- They are entering a licensed area;
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter;
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the Showground;
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or from the Showground and are subject to immediate confiscation;
- Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol;
- It is an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol;
- Persons supplying alcohol to minors will be reported to police;
- Penalties apply under the Liquor Act 2007.
2. PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following prohibited items are not permitted into the Showground and are subject to immediate confiscation:
- Glass or breakable containers;
- Cans or metal containers;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Illicit drugs;
- Flares or Fireworks;
- Firearms of any kind;
- Laser Pointers;
- Knives or other dangerous weapons including potential missiles;
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades or bicycles;
- Large items including eskies, bags that cannot fit under seats;
- Animals unless entering a Show competition or are a recognised service animal i.e. guide dog etc.;
- Flags over 1m x 1m in size;
- Other items as determined by the Show Society management that may cause injury or public nuisance.
3. GENERAL ENTRY CONDITIONS
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all persons, the Show Society advises that:
- Person gaining unauthorised access to the Showground and/or any of the Showground’s specific areas may be liable for prosecution;
- Persons enter the Showground at their own risk and must take proper care of all things they bring onto the Showground, The Show Society is not liable for any loss or damage to personal property;
- Persons entering the Showground agree to be responsible for their own actions and indemnify the Show Society against any loss or liability, cost, expense or damages arising from or in relation to their acts or omissions;
- The Show Society reserves the right to inspect and/or search bags brought into or out of the Showground and search all persons, their clothing and other items of such persons;
- Persons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from the Show Society will be ejected from the Showground;
- The Show Society may eject a person from the Showground for unauthorised sales or hawking of goods and services;
- The Show Society may refuse admission to or eject persons from the Showground at its sole discretion;
- Persons entering the Showground must adhere to the Work Health & Safety legislation.
- Smoking is prohibited indoors and at all catering or public seating areas of the Showground, and where indicated by ‘No Smoking’ signage.
- Additional entry conditions and requirements may apply to ticketed events;
- Any ticket purchased to enable entry into the Showground or any particular area or event at the Showground cannot be exchanged or returned after purchase.
- A person entering the Showground maybe photographed, filmed, taped and/or subjected to monitoring by close circuit television and it is deemed that a person by entering the Showground consents to the Show Society or third parties appointed by the Show Society photographing, filming or taping. The Show Society or third parties appointed by the Show Society can broadcast, publish, licence and use any photographs, film, recordings or images without compensation. The Show Society, third parties and anyone acquiring from them a right to use the material are not liable to the subject for its use in any way. The Show Society strictly complies with the Workplace Surveillance Act 2005;
- Entry to the Showground does not guarantee automatic entry to all events and activities on the Showground during the period of entry;
- Parking is restricted to designated areas and vehicles must not block emergency egress doors or emergency vehicle access roads and are to give way to emergency vehicles;
- All accidents or emergencies are to be immediately reported to the Secretary’s Office or authorised personnel.
- Persons must obey all signs, notices and directions given by the Show Society whilst at the Showground.
Photography: It is not our intention for amateur photographers to be restricted from taking photos around the Showground, providing that:-
1) the photographer is not causing annoyance or inconvenience to other show patrons;
2) that the subject of the photo is not one detailed in the Summary Offences Act 1988 (NSW) ;
3) the subjects have given their consent (if under 18 then their parent’s consent); and
4) the photos are not to be sold for commercial gain.
The Eudunda Show does have an official photographer who will have official identification, and they may request a photo, in accordance of the above items
NOTE: Any variation to the policy will be at the sole discretion of the Show Society.
Doc: Conditions of Entry Reviewed: May 2021